HISTORY of Wallowa Alpine Huts
- 1980: McCully camp established by Dave Petersen. Wall tents, parking at the cattle grate, 2 day approach with overnighter along trail.
- 1984 Oregon Wilderness Bill drops boundary 1.5 below McCully camp. Big Sheep camp developed by Wallowa County Nordic Club
- 1989 Salt Creek Summit SnoPark created; Oregons longest access most expensive.
- 1993 WingRidge camp developed by Roger Averbeck. Stole Mike Bairds spot. Big Sheep becomes commercial camp. Bonnie Lakes camp becomes hut to hut out of BigSheep but Roger gives up on Bonnie Lakes 2002.
- 2001 Cb in the house. Guided trips for WAH and WRST.
- 2002 Official passing of the WAH torch.
- 2006 First Norway yurt burns up in ClearCreek wildfire 10 days after gear drop in September.
- 2007/08 First Norway season. Yurt roof collapses under 6ft mega storm, unprecedented tiered shoveling technique recovers yurt at old location back off precipe. Party at the White Fir.
- 2009 YurtStar is born with ZObots monster deckzilla. Chago envisions daylight basement, Yurtstargalactic is Inland PNW’s only doubledecker ski yurt!
- 2012 Cb summoned to run WRST, new owner as of 2008 Ralph not a skier.
- 2013 SchiCab reborn for skiers after Halfways Nordic Club 10yr hiatus.