Cornucopia CampThe Details
Cornucopia Camp is located at Summit Point Trailhead and Fire Lookout. Camp approach includes same origination access as Norway/Schneider camps out of White Fir Retreat (49348 Cornucopia Hwy, Halfway, OR 97834). Approach begins with 5-mile snomo tow-in up Carson grade(3540ft). Transition at McBride campground(4750ft) and skin 3-miles 1700 ft elevation gain to Summit trailhead yurts(6500ft). Coordinates 44.97647, -117.23905.
Summit Pt. camp includes 22 ft sleep yurt with cots and pads. Additional 16ft yurt serve as kitchen/dining hall. No sauna; open air outhouse barrel; water is snowmelt. Awesome Below Tree Line mature glades east, west, north off ridge connecting to Cornucopia mastiff(Cliff River Trail 1885). Typical itineraries are 4 days 3 nights Fri. to Mon. Weekenders or 5 day 4 night Mon. to Fri. Midweeks. First Day Guide included. Porter service is $3/lb roundtrip all the way to yurts on 7715 road. Skiers approach via Summit Creek following 060 to 100 spur.(CalTopo)
- Hut fees: includes First Day Guide included. Porter service $3/lb roundtrip.
- 4 day 3 night Fri-Mon $2500 for up to 8
- 5 day 4 night Sun-Fri Midweeks $3000 for up to 8
- 50% balance confirms.
- Payments accepted through Venmo @RiverGuideCb or paypal.me/yurtmiester.
- Balance due Nov. 1
- Liability Release Required
- Sno-Park Permits are Required: Follow this link to purchase. Permit link at bottom of page under “Permits”.
- Cornucopia map
- Cornucopia Access Map-SummitPointAccess
- Cornucopia Access Map-29SchiCabLogmap
- Gear List