McCully CampThe Details
McCully Basin is where it all began for WAH in 1980. We’ve come a long way since skinny skis and sagging wall tents. As the ski gear evolved into sophisticated downhill touring equipment, the camp has grown into a little yurt village. With 41 seasons of operation, McCully boasts a rich and colorful history of ski visitors. The seasoned veterans say the food has gone gourmet and the new gear is cheating. But everyone agrees what makes McCully truly special is its unique location situated inside the Eagle Cap Wilderness Area. Solitude, fresh tracks, and glistening slopes abound.
Beginning with a gentle 4-mile approach rising 1800 feet, the trail winds through a thick forest with only two switchbacks. Once in the basin, the ski terrain offers something for everyone. From low-angled gladed meadows to broad moderate north-facing alpine bowls surrounded by non-technical summits sprinkled with black-diamond chutes. At the end of the day, all you need to remember is to follow the path of water and you’ll eventually find your way back to camp.
MCCULLY is a 4-mile skin in gaining 1800 feet elevation brings us to our McCully base camp. Our guest accommodations consist of two separate sleeping yurts that sleep five and are outfitted with wood stoves, cots, foam pads. The kitchen yurt has cots for after-hours. Cold Spring water source.
- Hut fees: First Day Guide included
- 4 day/3 nght Th-Sun $300/head, minimum 5 booking, $3000 exclusive use for up to 10.
- 5 day/4 nght Sun-Thurs $400/head, minimum 5 booking, $4000 exclusive use for up to 10.
- 50% balance confirms.
- Payments accepted through Venmo @RiverGuideCb or paypal.me/yurtmiester.
- Balance due Nov. 1
- Liability Release Required
- Sno-Park Permits are Required: Follow this link to purchase. Permit link at bottom of page under “Permits”.
- McCully Camp Orientation DIY
- DIY Checkout List
- Yurty Things To Do
- Emergency Response
- Wilderness Discussion
- Gear List
- Hut Supplies